ProtectOnce, Inc. [and our affiliates and subsidiaries] (“ProtectOnce”, “we” or “us”) helps software companies (our “Clients”) detect and address application security threats. ProtectOnce provides services aimed at reinforcing the security of Clients’ applications and protecting Clients’ applications against security threats and other malicious behavior in web, mobile and API applications (“Applications”). To do so, we collect information about how Internet users (“Users”) interact with our Clients’ Applications.
This Policy is incorporated by reference into the ProtectOnce Terms of Service (the “Terms”). All terms not defined in this Policy will have the meanings set forth in the Terms.
2. Purpose and Scope
This Policy tells you how we use and protect personal information collected through use of the “Services”, defined as our website(s) and our products and services, including the ProtectOnce Service (as that term is defined in the Service Agreement).
This Policy covers only information that is collected by us in the course of our business, including through the Services and with respect to the people we employ and manage. It does not apply to other web sites, products or services that may be linked to or available via or from the Services or used in association therewith; nor does this Policy apply to practices of companies that we do not control or to people we do not employ or manage. Except as otherwise expressly included in this Policy, this document addresses only the use and disclosure of information we collect from you.
All individuals whose responsibilities include the Processing of Personal Information on behalf of ProtectOnce are expected to protect that data by adherence to this Policy. This Policy is intended to meet requirements globally, including those in North America, Europe, APAC, and other jurisdictions.
You expressly consent to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal and non-personal information as described in this Policy and to all other terms herein.
3. Transparency/Notice: Types of Personal Information we collect and use
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from Third-Party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with ProtectOnce and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that ProtectOnce may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to ProtectOnce through interacting with the Services, participating in surveys or contests, and requesting Services or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of Processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it:
3.1 Types of Personal Information we collect
ProtectOnce collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former Employees, clients, customers, Users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Information You Provide Directly to Us.
When you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an Account with ProtectOnce, responding to surveys, requesting Services or information, or contacting us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Communications with Us. We may collect Personal Information from you such as email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for ProtectOnce’s newsletter that we may offer from time to time, request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include Personal Information. All information collected from your participation in our surveys is provided by you voluntarily. We may use such information to improve our products, Sites and/or services and in any manner consistent with the policies provided herein.
- Posting on the Site. ProtectOnce may offer publicly accessible blogs, private messages, or community forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself on ProtectOnce’s blogs, private messages, and community forums, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Site, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Registration for Sweepstakes or Contests. Occasionally, ProtectOnce may run sweepstakes and contests. We ask those who enter in the sweepstakes or contests to provide contact information (e.g., an e-mail address). If you participate in a sweepstakes or contest, your contact information may be used to reach you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional, marketing and business purposes. All sweepstakes/contests entry forms will provide a way for participants to opt-out of any communications that are not related to awarding prizes.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, Game Center ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- Information Submitted Via Services. You agree that ProtectOnce is free to use the content of any communications submitted by you via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, and/or marketing goods or Services. ProtectOnce will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or © we are required to do so by law.
- Information from Other Sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including through Third-Party services and organizations to supplement information provided by you. For example, if you access our Services through a Third-Party application, such as an App Store or Social Network Service (“SNS”), we may collect information about you from that Third-Party application that you have made public via your privacy settings. Information we collect through App Stores or SNS accounts may include your name, your SNS user identification number, your SNS user name, location, sex, birth date, email, profile picture, and your contacts on the SNS. This supplemental information allows us to verify information that you have provided to ProtectOnce and to enhance our ability to provide you with information about our business, products, and Services.
3.1.1 Information about Clients
- Name and identity, email address, physical and virtual and physical contact information (including for example your business address), professional information, log-in data, and financial information, including credit card and/or bank account numbers.
- Information responsive to surveys, or requested in order to provide brochures or information about our business, products or services.
- Transactional information based on your activities with or on the Services.
- Shipping, ordering, billing and other similar information you provide to purchase or ship an item or service.
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, and correspondence sent to us.
- Computer sign-on data, statistics on page views and traffic to and from the Site.
- Other technical information or data collected from traffic, including IP address and standard web log information.
- Supplemental or additional information we may request from you in the event previous information you’ve provided cannot be verified.
- Information that you voluntarily provide to us, information that we collect as per the Service Agreement, and information set forth in the Order Form (as that term is defined in the Service Agreement).
3.1.1 Information about Clients
ProtectOnce may have access to Personal Information about Users (“User Data”) in the course of providing its Services to a Client.
We consider User Data to be confidential and do not use such data for any purpose other than to provide the Services to our Clients.
In many instances, ProtectOnce receives User Data only from the Client and never interacts with the User directly. In some instances, depending on the level of Services selected by the Client, the Clients may allow Users to interact with ProtectOnce directly, for example when ProtectOnce sends a security alert directly to the User. ProtectOnce has access to User Data only as requested by the Client and only for the purposes of performing Services on the Client’s behalf.
If a User contacts ProtectOnce with a question about our Service, we will collect Personal Information from that User only as necessary to respond to the User’s request and direct the User to contact the User’s Client, and we will then delete or anonymize the personal data about the User after providing our response.
3.1.3 Information about prospective, current, and former Employees
- Information responsive to applications for employment, disclosed in resumes, or requested in order to provide brochures or information about employment, including:
- name, address, phone number, email address
- date of birth, passport number, driver’s license number, Social Security number or other government-issued identification number
- financial information related to credit checks, bank details for payroll
- details of health and disability, including mental health, medical leave, and maternity leave
- information about national origin or immigration status
- ptional demographic information such as race, which helps us achieve our diversity goals
- Contact information in case of a medical emergency
- Beneficiary information under any insurance or other policy.
3.2 How we use Personal Information
We acquire, hold, use, and Process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
- To Provide Services or Information Requested.
ProtectOnce may use information about you to fulfill requests for Services or information, including information about potential or future Services. With respect to Users, we combine and analyze data related to a User from multiple sources, including the data obtained across all or most of our Clients in order to provide the Services. Other ways we may use Personal Information to provide the Services or information requested include:
- Generally manage Individual information and Accounts;
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests;
- Provide access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of ProtectOnce’s Services;
- Contact you to answer requests for customer support or technical support;
- Allow you to register for events.
- Administrative Purposes.
We may use and combine Personal Information with information we collect from other sources for administrative purposes, including to:
- Measure interest in ProtectOnce’s Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Ensure internal quality control;
- Verify Individual identity;
- Communicate about Individual Accounts and activities on ProtectOnce’s Services and systems, and, in ProtectOnce’s discretion, changes to any ProtectOnce policy;
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your Account and for informational and operational purposes, such as Account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- Process payment for products or services purchased;
- Process applications and transactions;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Terms.
- Marketing ProtectOnce Products and Services.
ProtectOnce may use Personal Information about you, in combination with other information we collect from other sources to provide you with materials about offers, products, and Services that may be of interest, including new content or Services. ProtectOnce may provide you with these materials by phone, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law. Such uses include:
- To tailor content, advertisements, and offers;
- To notify you about offers, products, and services that may be of interest to you;
- To provide Services to you and our sponsors;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time that Individuals provide Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
You may contact us at any time to opt-out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as further described in Section 6 below.
- Research and Development. ProtectOnce may use Personal Information to create non-identifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services. From time to time, ProtectOnce may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. We may engage Third-Party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve Individuals by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. The survey responses may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If an Individual participates in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous Individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
- Direct Mail, Email and Outbound Telemarketing. Individuals who provide us with Personal Information, or whose Personal Information we obtain from Third Parties, may receive periodic emails, newsletters, mailings, or phone calls from us with information on ProtectOnce’s or our business partners’ products and services or upcoming special offers/events we believe may be of interest. We offer the option to decline these communications at no cost to the Individual by following the instructions in Section 6 below.
- Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use. ProtectOnce may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access ProtectOnce’s Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and ProtectOnce may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within ProtectOnce and with Third Parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
- Other Uses. ProtectOnce may use Personal Information for which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
3.2 How we use Personal Information
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about Users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
It may be possible for you to browse our websites without telling us who you are or revealing any information that enables us to directly identify you as an individual. However, you may lose anonymity once you give us Personal Information about you, and by doing so, you agree to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers and to the terms of this Policy. If you would like to opt-out of the Technologies we employ on our sites, services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
3.4 Third-Party websites, social media platforms, and software development kits
The Site may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Site or other Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and ProtectOnce does not endorse or make any representations about Third-Party websites or social media platforms. We encourage our Users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk. ProtectOnce’s Services may include publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or private messaging features. The Site and our other Services may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Site or other Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes. We use Third-Party software development kits (“SDKs”), such as the Google Analytics, Intercom and Amplitude SDK, on our websites. Third-Party SDKs may allow Third Parties including advertisers to collect your personal information to provide content that is more relevant to you. You may opt out of tracking by sending a request to privacy@rotectOnce.com.
3.4 Third-Party websites, social media platforms, and software development kits
Although we do not sell merchandise through our Services, Clients may purchase our Services through Third-Party applications, such as Stripe. A Third-Party payment application may collect certain financial information from Clients to process a payment on behalf of ProtectOnce, including a Client’s name, email address, address and other billing information.
4. Human Resources Data
ProtectOnce collects Personal Information from current, prospective, and former Employees, their contact points in case of a medical emergency, and beneficiaries under any insurance policy. We acquire, hold, use and Process Human Resources Data for a variety of business purposes including: Workflow management, including assigning, managing and administering projects;
- Human Resources administration and communication;
- Payroll and the provision of benefits;
- Compensation, including bonuses and long-term incentive administration, stock plan administration, compensation analysis, including monitoring overtime and compliance with labor laws, and company recognition programs;
- Job grading activities;
- Performance and employee development management;
- Organizational development and succession planning;
- Benefits and personnel administration;
- Absence management;
- Helpdesk and IT support services;
- Regulatory compliance;
- Internal and/or external or governmental compliance investigations;
- Internal or external audits;
- Litigation evaluation, prosecution, and defense;
- Diversity and inclusion initiatives;
- Restructuring and relocation;
- Emergency contacts and services;
- Employee safety;
- Compliance with statutory requirements;
- Processing of Employee expenses and travel charges; and
- Acquisitions, divestitures, and integrations.
5. Sharing Information/Onward Transfer
5.1 Information we share
We may share your personal information as described in this Policy (e.g., with our Third-Party service providers; to comply with legal obligations; to protect and defend our rights and property) or with your permission, including:
- To protect us or others: We may access, preserve, and disclose Personal Information, other Account information, and content, including to members of our corporate family, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (i) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) respond to your requests; (iii) protect yours’, ours’ or others’ rights, property, or safety; (iv) to enforce ProtectOnce policies or contracts; (v) to collect amounts owed to ProtectOnce; (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity; (vii) if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable, and (viii) provide joint services to requesting Users.
In addition, from time to time, server logs may be reviewed for security purposes – e.g., to detect unauthorized activity on the Services. In such cases, server log data containing IP addresses may be shared with law enforcement bodies in order that they may identify Users in connection with their investigation of the unauthorized activities.
- Vendors and Service Providers: We may share any information we receive with vendors service providers, consultants or similar contractors to support or enhance the Services or our business operations, or to whom we contract in order to carry out transactions initiated by you, such as credit card processing organizations or hosting service providers. The types of service providers (processors) to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. ProtectOnce has executed appropriate contracts with the service providers that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Business Partners: ProtectOnce may share Personal Information with our business partners, and affiliates for our and our affiliates’ internal business purposes or to provide you with a product or service that you have requested. ProtectOnce may also provide Personal Information to business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services we believe may be of interest to you. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear, along with ProtectOnce. ProtectOnce requires our affiliates and business partners to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of Personal Information they maintain on our behalf and not to use it for any purpose other than the purpose for which ProtectOnce provided them.
- Other Third Parties: ProtectOnce may disclose Personal Information to other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and solicited consent when using a specific service).
- Other Users: Your user ID may necessarily be displayed throughout the Services and to the public. All of your activities as such will be traceable to your user ID. Please understand that if you link your name with your user ID, others will be able to personally identify your activities. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the others who will view and use the posted information.
- Marketing – Interest-Based Advertising and Third Party Marketing. Through our Services, ProtectOnce may allow Third-Party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). We may also share such de-identified information as well as selected Personal Information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) we have collected with Third-Party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-ProtectOnce related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 6 below.
5.2 Data Transfers
All Personal Information collected via or by ProtectOnce may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. By providing information to ProtectOnce, you consent to the storage of your Personal Information in these locations.
6. Opt-out rights
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to ProtectOnce’s Processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further Processing by contacting privacy@ProtectOnce.com. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Sites and/or information from the advertisements on Third-Party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements. You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into our websites. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. We retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Services-related agreements, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law or as specified elsewhere in this Policy.
6.2 Email and telephone communications
If at any time you choose to opt out from allowing us to use your Personal Information in the future to provide you with special offers or information regarding new products or services, check the “opt-out” box, either at the time you provide your personal information or via any subsequent marketing communication that we send you.
We maintain “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
6.3 Mobile devices
ProtectOnce may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with game updates, high scores and other notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. ProtectOnce may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
6.4 Human Resources Data
With regard to Personal Information that ProtectOnce receives in connection with the employment relationship, ProtectOnce will use such Personal Information only for employment-related purposes as more fully described above. If ProtectOnce intends to use this Personal Information for any other purpose, ProtectOnce will notify the Individual and provide an opportunity to opt-out of such uses.
6.5 “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that Users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for Users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
6.6 Cookies and interest-based advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application Users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or https://www.youronlinechoices.eu and https://www.aboutads.info/choices. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here.
7. Rights of access, rectification, erasure, and restriction
Although ProtectOnce makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which ProtectOnce is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If ProtectOnce determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, ProtectOnce will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
8. Data retention
ProtectOnce retains the Personal Information we receive as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes, establish legal defenses, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws.
9. How we protect your information
We take steps (such as administrative, technical, and physical procedures) to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Some of the steps we take are limiting access to information through username and password credentials and multi-factor authentication and using industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically
by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
To discuss the security programs, procedures and policies that we have selected and utilize to reasonably secure the Services, please contact security@ProtectOnce.com. We will be happy to discuss our security program with you.
10. International Users
10.1 Data Transfers
By using the Site, ProtectOnce will transfer data to the United States, the cloud, our servers, the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers. By choosing to visit the Site, utilize the Services or otherwise provide information to us, you agree that disputes over privacy or the terms contained in this Policy will be governed by the laws of California and the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with ProtectOnce or the Site will be in accordance with the Terms.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that Data servers used by ProtectOnce to provide the Website and Product may be located in the United States. By interacting with the Website or using the Product, you understand that your personal data may be transferred to the United States and you consent to such transfer.
For the actions of third party agents ProtectOnce engages to process data on our behalf, ProtectOnce remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if a third party agent processes the personal data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless ProtectOnce proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
10.2 Privacy Concerns or Disputes
As part of our commitment to the Privacy Shield Principles, if you are a resident of the European Union or Switzerland and you have a privacy or data use concern, please contact ProtectOnce directly at privacy@ProtectOnce.com and ProtectOnce will use its best efforts to address your concern within one month of receipt of your complaint. For an unresolved privacy or data use concern that ProtectOnce has not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim.
For any Privacy Shield disputes that cannot be resolved by the methods above, you may be able to invoke a binding arbitration process under certain conditions. To find out more about the Privacy Shield’s binding arbitration scheme, please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction.
The Federal Trade Commission has investigation and enforcement authority over ProtectOnce’s compliance with the Privacy Shield Framework.
The Services are not directed to those under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are younger than thirteen, please do not provide any personal information to us. If a person 13 years of age or younger has provided personal information to us, a parent or guardian of such person should contact us at privacy@ProtectOnce.com that we can remove such personal information from our database. We reserve the right to limit participation in particular programs, offers or promotions to those over 18 years of age.
12. Redress/Compliance and accountability
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or this Policy, please contact ProtectOnce by email at privacy@ProtectOnce.com. We will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner.
13. Other rights and important information
13.2 California privacy rights
California law permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the Third Parties to whom we have disclosed their Personal Information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of Personal Information disclosed to those parties. ProtectOnce does not share Personal Information with Third Parties for their own marketing purposes.
The following capitalized terms shall have the meanings herein as set forth below.
- “Agent” means any Third Party that Processes Personal Information pursuant to the instructions of, and solely for, ProtectOnce or to which ProtectOnce discloses Personal Information for use on its behalf.
- “Employee” refers to any current, temporary, permanent, prospective or former employee, director, contractor, worker, or retiree of ProtectOnce or its subsidiaries worldwide.
- “Personal Information” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Individual”).
- “Third Party” is any company, natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or body other than the Individual, ProtectOnce or ProtectOnce’s Agents.